Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Something is happening...

While I can't say the baby is here, I can definitely say that things are moving along...or trying to at least. Looks like stripping my membranes at my appt did something. I've been having contractions since then. They started to get regular around 7ish last night (it is now technically tomorrow--12:40 AM on Christmas Eve). The past couple of hours I've been having them every five minutes--like clockwork. They have varied in intensity. Consequently, I tried to go lay down in bed, but evidently laying down only makes them more intense and all my writhing just kept Lance awake, so I'm back downstairs trying to see if they're going to get any closer or not. I called the L&D unit at the hospital and spoke to a nurse. She said that based on what I'd told her, it would be at our discretion to come in now. Otherwise, it would need to be water breaking, bleeding, or 2-3 minute intervals for her to say to definitely come in. I hope my water just breaks soon. It makes it so much easier to know when to go :) I realize that just because it happened with Maddy it won't necessarily happen now, but it sure would simplify things! I am so tired...I really want to go to sleep, but with things how they're going now, its not really possible. :o( I'd try and take a warm bath, but that would wake Maddy up--you can REALLY hear the water/pipes as they share a wall w/ her bedroom. Guess I'll see what junk is on the TV and try and rest as best I can. I really hope that these contractions amount to something...they're starting to space a bit further out again...bummer. Such a tease. Maybe he's just waiting for it to be Christmas ;o)

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there sweetie! I felt the same way with Zoey-I wanted my water to break like it did with Fox so I knew it was time!
    Remember, your body was made to do this, it will not last forever and we will be praying for y'all!

    ReplyDelete