Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, May 3, 2010

I'm a Big Girl Now!

Last night we took the plunge and tried putting Maddy to bed in the twin bed...and it was a success! We've been talking it up for the past month, planning on doing so with the transition of the move. So, after being in the new place for a week and finally getting her room set up, we went for it. She didn't seem to have any reservations. We did our usual bedtime routine of reading books and then just tucked her in and left the room. Silence. There was no crying, no running out of the room...just a sleepy little girl in her new bed. :) We put the adjustable gate in the door frame outside her closed door in case she woke up during the night and tried to roam the house, but it seems she was good to go. I'll probably continue to do that, though, as we don't have locks on all the cabinets yet. I was up this morning with Tommy before she was. She woke up at 7:30ish...I heard, "Mommy?" from her room. I grabbed the camera and she was sitting up in bed. Of course, she immediately started crawling towards me to see the pictures. Below are the few pics we got.

"see?" she says to see the camera

My baby girl isn't such a baby anymore!

Next big change: Operation Bye-Bye Paci...one battle at a time ;o)
Since the nighttime was such a success, I tried the same for her nap...and it was equally successful. She went down without issue tonight, too. Lance and I are amazed at how easy it was for her to make the change. We'll see how the rest of the week goes before we declare it a total victory. Of course, now the crib is free...Tommy has slept in it a few times. His overall sleeping pattern is the bigger issue than location. He'll sleep where ever for bits of time, but will sleep the longest if in bed/on the couch with one of us...and he still wakes up frequently through the night. We were hoping that once he hit 4 months things would start to look up, but I don't know...we're only a week into month 4, so we'll see what happens.
Speaking of...his 4 month birthday came and went without too much fanfare due to the move. He had his checkup last week. Weighed in at 17 lbs 4 oz and was 26 inches long! Still up in the 90s for percentiles! When not cranky or fussy, he is reaching, grabbing, and playing with toys, loves to suck on his hands, fingers, and thumbs, and has the cutest gummy smiles :) He has just about outgrown his 6 month clothing and is into some 9 month stuff already...nuts! He and Maddy both wear size 3 diapers!
I have more pictures to post of the kids here at the new place. Maddy loves playing in the yard outside. Tommy just hangs out...fortunately for me, he is getting better at hanging out in places aside from on me/in my arms...for some of the time anyways. I'll try to post more stuff soon. For now, off to bed before Tommy wakes to eat again...which is probably soon...

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed! I'm still not happy sleeping in my new bed and its been a few weeks! :)

    Really good to see all the pics of the kids. I miss you both (+2!) and hope all is well.

    MW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Tommy is as big or bigger than my little girl (Ginny Beth) who is 7.5 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the big girl bed! I love all of the pictures!

    ReplyDelete