In the mean time, we're trying to pull all the details together for Maddy's birthday party on Saturday! She is so excited to see family and friends. I'm excited, too. :) It should be a fun time!
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Where has the week gone?
So much for a grand last week home! Monday, Maddy had her 2 year check up, so that took up the middle of the day. I was able to drop Tommy off with Lance--he was studying at the regional campus which is two minutes down the road from their pediatrician's office. Poor Maddy--I had promised her no more shots, but she ended up getting one. Technically, she had completed everything she could up to now, but the doctor recommended giving her an updated version of one series. She was a trooper, though, and survived despite a few tears. :) Tuesday and Wednesday, we just hung out at home and had a good time--we even spent a few minutes outside on Wednesday despite the nasty Tally heat (pictures below). Today, I had a couple meetings out in Quincy for work. I got to see what will be my therapy room at the school--it's a pretty good size and I don't have to share it with PT or OT, so it's pretty nice. It is kinda dirty and dusty, though. I opened up the closet and started sneezing! Evidently the person they had there last year was less-than-stellar, to put it nicely, and the lady that had been there for years before actually passed away mid-year, so there is an odd accumulation/mess of things between the two of them. At any rate, there is a lot of cleaning to be done when there is more important scheduling and planning to do. Thankfully, my caseload isn't going to be too bad. I'm getting more excited about returning to work. I'm getting more comfortable with the kids going to daycare. I've been talking to the director every other day, obsessing over what they will and won't need...lol. He is very reassuring and his staff seems great. I'll be dropping some of their diapering supplies off tomorrow on my way home from another day out in Quincy (New Hire Orientation), so I'll take some time to talk the ladies in each of the kids' rooms. So, yeah, today and yesterday have been unexpectedly busy....I didn't know about them until just this week. Kinda puts a dent in Lance's study plan for his Step 2 exam. He's out later than usual tonight since I didn't get home until almost 1:00. He'll have all of next week, though! It's kinda funny, we both were wanting to drop the kids off on Monday, I think...maybe we'll both end up going, if even in different cars! It's definitely a big day for us all.
In the mean time, we're trying to pull all the details together for Maddy's birthday party on Saturday! She is so excited to see family and friends. I'm excited, too. :) It should be a fun time!
Hey, what's this stuff over here?
In the mean time, we're trying to pull all the details together for Maddy's birthday party on Saturday! She is so excited to see family and friends. I'm excited, too. :) It should be a fun time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment