Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Tommy!

Last Friday, the 24th, Christmas Eve, we celebrated Tommy's first birthday!!! I can't believe my little guy is already a year old. This first year, as compared to Maddy's first year, has seriously FLOWN by. He is becoming such a sweet boy--with hints of a curious toddler appearing here and there. I'm really starting to understand what so many of my friends who are moms to little boys talk about when they speak of their special relationships they have with their sons. While I adore my little girl, I definitely have a special place for my little boy! :)

As for Tommy's birthday, being it is on the Eve of a big day, we had a pretty low-key celebration with Lance's parents (my mom had to work and was coming the next day for Christmas). I did, however, make sure to get him his special cake! And, thanks to Publix, he also got his very own little smash cake! (I am really going to miss Publix if we move somewhere that doesn't have them!!!).

Reading a book with grandpa the night before his big day

I am not a super-duper baker/creator of cakes. I leave that to the Publix bakery.

Tommy *loved* his balloon! Unfortunately for him, so did Maddy. :)

Looking at one of his new books from Grandma Tegen. He loves to sit and read his books!

ooh! Another gift from Grandma and Grandpa Tegen!

Something special from mommy, daddy, and Maddy. Perfect timing now that he is finally pulling up and starting to cruise! It's a play table with music and lights and stuff. He and Maddy both play on this together :)

Attempted family photo op :) Maddy was going for the Thomas the Engine ride-on toy that Tommy got from Grandpa Tegen. Yet another item that Maddy *really* likes.

Putting all the toys together

One more picture of the cake before we cut it :)

Ok...Maybe 2

Playing with Grandpa and his new toys. My big one-year old!

Singing Happy Birthday to my little man :)

No comments:

Post a Comment