Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, June 24, 2012

New Smyrna Beach

June has been AMAZING. Lance has had normal-ish hours with weekends off! We love this rotation! But, like all good things, it must come to an end. In the mean time, however, we’ve been making the most of it! I still need to get pics up from Disney (and, you know, the past few months), but I thought I’d throw these up while I had the free moment or two.

Many many thanks to my Aunt Linda for letting us crash her condo at New Smyrna for a couple of nights! We drove down Friday  night after Lance got home from work and stayed through this morning.  We were fortunate to catch some sun on Saturday.  The kids had a blast.  Maddy had been to Jax Beach once just before her first birthday, but she was too young to remember.  The big two have been to the Gulf Coast a few times, but for me, it doesn’t count as “the beach.” I have many fond memories of summer days spent at Daytona and New Smyrna, so it was fun to finally get the kids over there for a bit. 

The kids loved just sitting in the wet sand and letting the water wash over their legs.  I was surprised at how brave Aaron was—he was the first to dart out into the surf!  We had so much fun (well, while outside…the kids got crazy once inside the condo.  I feel horrible for all the racket they made. I’m sure the neighbors were ecstatic when we left this morning…lol)!  Hopefully we can make a return visit to the beach once more this year!

004005006008009010012018023029030033035049063069072074079080081082

No comments:

Post a Comment