Monday, May 11, 2009
Swings, Swimming Pools, and Sippy Cups
Friday we decided to go to the park and try Maddy out in a swing. She's still a little small for them, but we gave it a shot. At first, she wasn't sure, then she seemed happy, but all of a sudden, she made it very clear that she was not a fan. Oh well--we'll revisit them again in a couple of months. Since that was a bust, we took a walk down the bike trail. The weather was gorgeous!
Maddy was watching Lance put the safety lock back on the TV cabinet--she was so interested in what he was doing. Just really wanted to get in there and climb over him!
Today was the long-awaited pool day! Uncle Mike gave us this little blow-up pool last month (he got it as a gag gift for his birthday) and I have been dying to get it out for Maddy. She *loves* bath time, so I figured this would be another welcome source of entertainment for her--and I was right! We got some fun pictures--she had a blast!

As far as sippy cups...she has one that we got from her baby shower that has handles on it. Handles are good for holding, but all she ever wants to do is chew on them--too distracting! We finally picked one up without handles, and although she still needs some practice on drinking from it without any help at all, it seems to be a success. :)
Although there are no pictures (I KNOW??!?!?!?), I had a WONDERFUL first Mother's Day! Lance did so much stuff for me around the house, made meals for me, took care of Maddy, and gave me a wonderful card! It was the best day ever! :) He is such a wonderful daddy and husband! Next time we'll just try to make sure to take some pictures...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment