Yesterday we ventured out to a new park that someone told us about--its 5 mins down the road, so I was very excited to check it out. Unfortunately, it was 90 bazillion degrees out (and we even went at 9:30 hoping to beat the heat) and the play equipment turned out to be a bit big for Maddy's taste...at least for our first visit. There were a bunch of fun slides, but Maddy wasn't about trying them out. She spent the whole time walking up and down all the stairs...lol. I'm sure that will change soon enough. Also, the play area has no shade unless you are under the slides and stuff, so it was a bit warm for Tommy. We only stayed for about 30 minutes, but Maddy still managed to have a good time. In fact, I had to pick her up and drag her off the playground...we were the only ones there, so no one had to witness the ridiculous sight that was. :) We went home, had a snack, got Tommy hanging out in his bed (attempted nap...didn't sleep but at least he didn't cry the whole time), and decided to play in the little pool out back.

I decided to make use of the self-timer...I should do it more often so I can include myself in pictures with the kiddos...its funny that I often forget about that feature of the camera...lol

Up on one of the platforms

Walking across the catwalk

Poor little guy wasn't having the best time...he got warm FAST. At least he stuck it out and didn't fuss too much

There are 3 more slide on the back. I think this will be a fun park for when its cooler. The slides got pretty warm in the direct sun.

Back at home in the pool. She was so sweaty that I just kept her in the onesie she wore to the park. She didn't mind just hopping in!

Kinda cool at first

Wasted no time getting to the business of splashing...her favorite!

"Mommy splash, too?"

I actually donned a bathing suit and got in with her. We had soo much fun! It felt good in her little pool...I should get a bigger one! ;o) It was a fun time to just hang out with her without the baby, which she loves. Summer time activities are the best, too! :)
In other news...we went swimming at a friend's house on Thursday. In a real pool. Maddy is WAY too bold. It was the second time that she's been in a big pool this summer. The first time was with Lance and myself, and Tommy was back in the house with my mom. This time, I was solo WITH Tommy. To make a long story short, as I handed off Tommy, got Maddy out of her float, and stepped out of the pool to get snacks for Maddy, she decided to double back and go back down the steps into the pool...yeah...scared the poo outta me. She managed to go beyond her footing and went under. Thankfully it was just for a second and she sputtered the water out. I was a scared mess...to which she responded, "back in pool?" *sigh* I'm glad that she isn't scared of the water after that, but they aren't kidding when they say you can't turn your back for even a second. --And there were three other adults RIGHT there. I think she's getting water wings/floaties next time in addition to her little ladybug float--especially if Lance isn't with me. Crazy girl. So thankful that she is okay....and that is an understatement.
Thursday also marked 11 years that my dad has been gone. He passed away on June 10, 1999. We miss him so much, but know that he is looking down from above.
I know you see them, but I wish you could be here to meet the kids, dad. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment