In other news, today is Valentine's Day and Maddy has her first ever little Valentine's party at daycare. Although today is not a "work" day, it is a school work day. SO much to do. I was not an awesome over-achiever mommy who made cupcakes or even bought special treats to go with her Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Valentines (she had requested Elmo ones, but we couldn't find any at the store the day we went to get them)--I figured there will be enough sugary goodness to go around. I know that daycare "parties" like this aren't exactly meant to be attended by parents--after all, it is daycare, but I do kinda wish I could be there to see her face as she collects her pile of Valentines and treats. I'm sure she'll have plenty to share when I pick her up this afternoon. The other thing that helps is knowing that I'll definitely be able to join in on future festivities once she starts PK as I won't be working at that point...of course, I'll have the other two in tow, so that will be an adventure of it's own...but that one is still a couple years off. :)
One more thing of note...yesterday, Maddy did not get a nap. It made the afternoon/evening a bit of a struggle, BUT...she did not wake up until just after 7 this morning--which was okay since we weren't in the usual T/W/R rush for me to get to work. It was amazing--she woke up in SUCH a good mood. I don't think she's had such a good night's sleep in some time. Does this mean she might be ready to kick the naps??? I don't know if I like that thought--especially as we close in on new-baby time where I will NEED those naps. I guess we'll see...
Anyways, I hope that everyone has a lovely Valentine's Day with those you love!
Here are a couple treats to close out....
Tommy eating his lunch last weekend. He just looks like such a little boy in this picture versus a baby. He is such a little guy these days! I think he might be headed towards a first haircut... :)
We picked up some diapers and wipes from Sam's on Saturday. Not long after we got home, I walked into the front room to find that Maddy had set up shop on her "throne" of the two boxes and was happily singing one of her favorite songs from Sunday School. She almost gets all the words in: "Ho-Ho-Ho-Hosanna, Ha-Ha-Ha-lelujia, He He He has saved me, I've got the glory of the Lord!" I was surprised she let me catch her on camera, so I of course had to share!




No comments:
Post a Comment