Today is Maddy’s first day of Kindergarten! I just couldn’t wait until this evening to get a post up. I was worried about how she’d wake up this morning given I had to wake her at 6. She popped right up saying, “I remember I have to wake up early for school today! I’ll go get dressed!” We’ll see how long that enthusiasm lasts…lol. She barely ate her breakfast she was so excited and could NOT wait to get out of the house. I managed to snap a few pics here and there amidst the chaos of getting her and the boys ready to walk down the street.
So smiley!
Excited to finally wear her new backpack
Aaron was not happy to be relegated to the stroller. He wanted to ride his scooter…ha. ‘Cause all I want to do is chase a 2-year old across the school at 7:15 while 6 months pregnant. Oh yeah, today is 24 weeks for Tiny Tegen #4. I guess I should try and get a pic of that posted later.
Tommy was excited for Maddy as well. It was sweet.
Walking down to the court on our street where one of our very kind neighbors allows us to cut through a gate in their backyard so we don’t have to walk out of and around the neighborhood to get to the school. Maddy and Tommy were chatting about this, that, and the other as we walked. Cute.
All ready to go!
After a few attempts to get this picture, she was all, “Ok mom, you can stop taking pictures now. Time for you to go.” Am I dropping off a kindergartener or a middle schooler? Sheesh! A stark contrast from the little boy that was across from us who was crying and being consoled by both of his parents.
As we walked out, Tommy gave a loud and clear, “Bye Maddy!!!” and was not satisfied until he got a wave and goodbye back. Aaron just continued to yell, “Get me out of here!” from the stroller. We’re quite the crew. Also, as we started back down the hallway, Tommy sweetly said, “Mommy, I gonna miss Maddy.”
On my agenda today is my 24 week OB appointment and then just trying to get the house back in order after a busy weekend. I can’t wait to see Maddy this afternoon and see how her day went! I’m sure I’ll manage a part 2 part of Maddy’s First Day later tonight!
Wishing all my fellow mommies out there a great day whether it be the first day of daycare, PK, college, or something in between! And thank you to all my friends in the schools who instruct, love, and cherish our children for us while within those school walls.




No comments:
Post a Comment