Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, August 16, 2013

Photo Nesting?

So, with the pregnancy toodling along to nearly 24 weeks (beginning of the 6th month for those who aren’t all up in the pregnancy/week timeline), I have found myself feeling the need to better document stuff.  I also am feeling really bad that I still have yet to create a first months photo book for Aaron.  Part of the issue with that is that a good number of his baby photos are on a different laptop that may or may not still work. :-( I’m not sure when I last backed that one up—and I haven’t checked to see what’s on my back up drive lately.  Just a couple tasks to add to my to-do list.  I guess maybe this is how my pre-baby nesting is manifesting this time around…’cause I sure don’t feel the  need to do things like scrub my baseboards! --Or more accurately, as was the case with the other three, complete grad school assignments early.  
I thought that for now I’d attempt to get some bloggy stuff done. 
First off, pictures from Maddy’s FIFTH birthday! This was her first birthday party that was NOT water play in the backyard.  We held it at a local bounce house place not too far from our house (okay, it ended up being a bit farther than we thought…lol…Thanks to all who make the trek out!).
These first few are actually from the morning of her actual birthday, 8/5.
006
This was a plain yellow hat she got from a fiesta at summer camp and decorated at home with the pom poms a week ahead of time.  It was her official birthday hat.
018
My Five year old cutie
023
Picture with daddy!
NOW for the party pics!
004
We were so happy to have the Friedmans come by for part of the day! They are one of the few reasons we miss Tallahassee ;o)
005
The Cake(s)! :)
006
Yummies
007
She really doesn’t need any gifts this Christmas…so thankful for the generosity of our friends and family.
026
Table #1
027
One of the best group shots of the day!
028
Table #2
030
Time to sing Happy Birthday!
033
Serious cupcake eating!
042
Super excited about a Barbie!
054
This picture cracks me up because it was the two boys intently staring at a princess dress up kit…lol.  Not sure where the girls went!
062
Back out on the fun stuff! Aaron loved going down the slides any way other than his bottom.
064
Birthday girl!
065
My cutie…
066
…who is also a complete cheese ball!
079
So big!
080
This guy managed to lose TWO pairs of socks in the obstacle course blow up.  After that, I just gave up and hoped no one noticed as socks are required.
081
Grandpa Jack being silly! That’s one reason we love him!
084
Growing up to be a lovely little lady!
maddy's birthday family photo
Family pic with one set of grandparents before we left.  It was a fun afternoon and lots of fun memories were made!
Another significant event in the past week…Meet the Teacher was this morning! While I did make a point to bring the camera to take at least one picture, I didn’t include her actual teacher.  She knows at least one of the kids from her VPK program that she did last year, which is nice.  Her teacher is a newly graduated one, but has years of work experience at a local Montessori school, and so comes with some good stuff.  Montessori schools are known for lots of hands-on learning strategies and activities, some amount of self-pacing, and lots of creative play.  I think she’ll enjoy her teacher.  Another cool thing unrelated to her teacher—she can see our house from her classroom window!  Kinda cool!  Which brings me to what I perceive will be one of our greatest challenges as she starts school on Monday.  Walking her to school is the quickest way to get there, which is totally fine with me.  It’s the walking her with 2 (and come December, 3) others in tow that has me a little nervous.  We’ll figure it out, but I’m sure the first few days next week and then the first month or so with the new baby will be kinda hairy.  As always…Never a dull moment!
001
Well, that’s all for today.  Perhaps I’ll find my way back over to the blog again sometime soon.  Most likely for the obligatory first day of school photos and subsequent first day recap.  Otherwise, I’ll be busy trying to build Aaron that first-months photo book. Hopefully it happens before #4 arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment