Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Rosemary Tegen, M.Ed., MS, CF-SLP

I'm getting quite a collection of letters behind my name...too bad I won't be using them for the next year or two (well, in an outside-the-home job setting anyways)! I'll just focus my powers on making our kiddos super smart. :o)

So, yes, after 4 long years at FSU, I finally walked--err, waddled--across the stage April 30 and received my Master of Science in Speech Language Pathology. It's odd that school is now behind me. Lance is hedging bets not on IF I return for my Ph.D., rather WHEN. I'm saying probably 10 years, he thinks sooner--especially if we're in Gainesville. As much as I enjoy being a nerdy geek, I'm ready for some down time as far as all that goes. I'm looking forward to tackling the herculean task of managing a household of 3 under 3 as Lance begins the infamous first year of residency known as Intern year. It should make for a few mental breakdowns...lol. Grandparents, be forewarned: You are now going to be a mere hour away...expect phone calls, text messages, emails, and smoke signals for help!!! I'm going to need it! :)

Anyways, getting back to graduation... I was so lucky to have my mom, Jack, and my grandparents here for the ceremony! Lance's parents came to town, but due to my poor planning, weren't able to be at the ceremony (evidently some of those annoying FSU emails are important; you know, like the ones that tell you how to get extra tickets for graduation...). We decided that the kids probably wouldn't fare well for the 2 hour ceremony (and yet, I'm considering bringing them to Lance's THREE hour one...we'll see...fodder for another post!), so my friend from work, Ceil, was kind enough to step in and watch them for us (THANK YOU!). We had a nice lunch here at the house afterwards (devoid of pictures, of course...I can only do so much!) and once everyone left...naps were had by ALL...well, except Lance. :)

Again, I can't say how incredibly thankful I am to all the friends and family to helped make this part of my academic journey possible:
*edited to add-->TONI!!! You were there for the first semester back, which was the hardest one for me. Your listening ear, encouraging words, and friendship during that season made all the difference. (And if I have neglected anyone else, please, please forgive me!!!)
Michael and Rachel for helping with Maddy the year you lived near us--always in a last-minute pinch, at that.
Mollie for watching Maddy every Wednesday afternoon for a semester.
Nakia for watching Maddy every Thursday (?) afternoon for a semester.
Joyce for keeping Maddy 2 days a week for a semester.
And, most of all, Lance for somehow managing to do it ALL when it was necessary. Today may be Mother's Day, but you are an AMAZING husband and father. I am so thankful that God brought us together at that cheesy little ice cream social Freshman year.

Now for pictures...




Playing puzzles on the floor with Great-Grandma Powell




Tommy was watching Great-Grandpa Powell on the couch


Grandma Rapacz and Tommy




Spending time getting to know Jack a little better. They decided reading books with him was a good idea. :)



I'm waaaaaay up in the very front of the left section. I was three rows back and the second seat in. If you squint REAAAALY hard, you can see me.




Ok...maybe not. :o)



Yes, I wore flip flops. Hey--I was 36 weeks, 1 day pregnant. Cut me some slack! :)



The side view





Everyone wanted pics of the profile :)



A jubilant grandma :) Perhaps my favorite picture of the day.



Family



My mommy and me



Just the three of us ;o)



You're up next, honey! :) (May 21st!)



I'm so much smarter now, can't you tell?





My yummy cake from the Tegens.


(Disregard the salad on the table...I should have wiped up!)


(oops...out of order picture)


All who attended the ceremony.


Ok...so, I might possibly, MAYBE give "looks" sometime. This one happened to be captured on camera. I 'fess up. I can be a booger. Lance has proof. I own it and hope that Maddy does NOT come to own it as well...she already has a budding arsenal of her own...lol.



The next day on the way home after church. Someone was very tired after the previous day's family excitement.



Just being camera happy. Why do I always look so tired??? --I know, I know, but still...



My mom brought the kids some cute outfits. I wanted to try and get a picture of Tommy in this one because it seemed on the smaller side despite the size, and I wasn't sure how long he'll get to wear it. Silly mommy should have known that the high chair is for FOOD first, and pictures NEVER. :) Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment