Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Great Bed Switcheroo

Last night could have been rougher than rough…but thankfully it wasn’t.  It was just the usual rough of Aaron’s extra wake ups (which is deserving of a post all its own). 

We have been debating a few things:

  1. When we could finally replace our mattress.  We’ve only had it for about TEN years.  We got it the week we returned from our honeymoon.  It is a full-sized set which I have been dying to replace since I got pregnant with Maddy.  You mommas know what I’m talking about.  It wasn’t a horrible set, but was an extremely cheap affordable set we got at the time.  It has devolved into a set of hammock-like cocoons. 
  2. Getting Maddy some new bedroom furniture.  We’ve been watching Craigslist for a bedroom set.  She currently has a dresser that is a previous Craigslist find.  Her bed is fine.  But who doesn’t want something cute for their daughter’s room? 
  3. When we could finally get Aaron out of the Pack and Play and into the crib
    1. Which depended on when Tommy would be ready to move OUT of the crib.  This also necessitated another bed.  We’d also been deliberating on getting bunk beds.

So, after weeks of watching sales, Craigslist, and trying to figure out what to do, we bit the bullet yesterday and opted to replace our full sized bed with a queen (woo hoo!).  Maddy now has our old set, Tommy has her bed, and Aaron is in the crib.  It was a seamless transition for all! 

Maddy loves having a big bed.  Tommy seems to be okay with his.  When I went in to snag Aaron at 3, I found Tommy flipped around with his feet on his pillow.  He was sleeping, so I’m good with that!  Tommy napped this afternoon with no problem and he went to bed tonight without incident as well.  I wonder how long the magical bed “force field” will remain in effect.  --You know, the seeming belief by new bed inhabitants that they cannot move from the bed? The day Maddy discovered she could leave hers was a sad day…it made the big girl bed that much more high maintenance.  Lets hope Tommy stays put for a long while! :)  Although, he was up this morning.  Maddy had gotten up first.  A few minutes later, I heard Aaron start cooing over the monitor.  The cooing was quickly followed by, “hi baby!”  When I entered the room, I found Tommy standing on something peering into the crib at Aaron. It was sweet.  I just hope I don’t find him in the crib one day!

I’ll try and get some pictures up of the new bedroom arrangements once I finish getting them cleaned up and reorganized. 

In the mean time, enjoy this video—I also put it on FB today.  Aaron is getting closer and closer to crawling every day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment