Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, November 3, 2011

What A Day…

So, I was thinking this morning that perhaps I wouldn’t have enough to post everyday.  Ha.  And here I thought today was going to be just another day.  We had a nice play date/visit planned with one of our new friends here in town whose husband is also an internal medicine intern.  But it was not to be. 

Aaron has been fighting a cold for a few weeks now.  He’s had a cough as a small part of it, but it has persisted and started sounding worse.  Well, last night while I was feeding him (he’s not been sleeping through the night since the cold hit—boo to that), Lance heard him get into a decent coughing fit (oh, Lance is back on a crazy hours rotation—boo to that, too) and suggested I get him in to see the doctor.  So when I called this morning and they said they could get him in at 9:30, I took the appointment and cancelled our play date.  This was around 8:40ish.  I need a good 30 minutes to get from door to door for the pediatrician’s office.  In my haste, I forgot that the stroller and Ergo were both NOT in the back of the van.  AWESOME.  Maddy and Tommy were…um…less than stellar during the office visit.  Maddy discovered the roll of paper on the end of the exam table and started pulling it out like a young toddler might do with a roll of toilet paper…while the doctor was in there talking with me.  Yeah.  I think my blood pressure may have been at an all time high just then.  Fortunately, she is a mom to 3 young kiddos (2 of which are twins) as well, and was very patient and helpful.  I’m very happy with her as our new pediatrician.  So, anyways, despite Aaron not having any other overt symptoms, she ordered a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia.  Fortunately, our good friend Holly lives near the ped’s office and was willing to watch the big two for me so I could run over to Shands and get the x-ray done.  It was a super quick procedure and Aaron was perfect for it.  He just laid quietly while the tech took the two images.  The pediatrician called me a few hours later to share the findings.  I DID NOT at all expect for it to come back positive.  I thought she was just doing her due diligence in making the referral and we’d get the annoying news that it was just a viral thing that we’d have to ride out a bit longer.  But, no.  He’s got an ooky little area in his lower left lobe. 

I’m hoping the meds kick in quickly and get me my happy little guy back soon.  I gave him his first dose this evening and he was NOT a fan of the taste.  He got most of it.  I think. I hope. Smile

Please pray that he would get over this quickly.  Pray that I would have the energy to deal with him and his needs on top of a lack of sleep myself and Lance being busy at the hospital.  Perhaps most of all, please pray for my patience with Maddy.  With all the extra attention I’ve had to give him already this week, on top of the extra attention to come following this diagnosis, her negative attention-seeking has been at an all time high.  My patience? At an all time low.  Pray that I would exhibit mercy and grace with her and find time and ways to give her the attention she desires.

2011-11-03 19.42.50

Just laying on the floor before bed tonight.  My poor little guy. It hurts my heart to see and hear him feeling so poorly.

No comments:

Post a Comment