Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, November 18, 2011

Bedtime Drama

We are in week two of the Great Bed Switcheroo and it appears that my initial inclination that we may have been a bit premature on moving Tommy into a big boy bed was correct.  The first week was great! He stayed put and had no problems.  Well, this week has been full of skipped naps, banging on doors (while Aaron is sleeping in the room no less), and night insanity.  We had Aaron in the Pack and Play as long as we could, but its just not meant to be an actual bed and he just wasn’t sleeping well in it.  We needed to get him into the crib.  So, we did what everyone recommends against and forced Tommy into a bed to free it up.  We did this with Maddy, but she was ready for it.  Tommy, however?  Not so much.  He’s just much more developmentally immature at this age than Maddy was. 

Last night was AWFUL.  And the kicker? Aaron only woke ONE TIME to eat.  This is after nearly TWO MONTHS of him reverting back to waking every 2-3 hours to eat.  Maddy even came out of her room twice—not sure what that was all about.  I’m glad Lance was able to catch some of the wake ups.  Even still, I only got a TOTAL of 3 hours of sleep.  And now, Lance took the kids out to Sam's so I could try and nap while Aaron is napping and I. CAN’T. SLEEP.  So frustrating.  So yeah, I am seriously contemplating investing in a second crib.  Perhaps I just should have done it early on.  Anyone have a crib they can loan out?

I snapped a couple of pictures of him a few days ago as I went to get him from his nap.  He does look pretty cute in his big boy bed (and a bit sweaty here…lol).

042043

So advise me here fellow moms…what do you think: should I try and stick this out or should I revisit a crib? Keep in mind I have Aaron in the room as well and the wake ups are affecting his sleep, too.

1 comment:

  1. I would stick with it and maybe switch Maddy and him... so he can do it in his own space. You can always switch them back when he works it all out. I don't think you should ever go back. That is just my opinion and you can do what is best for you.

    ReplyDelete